How can we be sure that we will not be deceived and how can we suspect fraud so that we can avoid it?
What should you be careful about when trading?
1. Not to do business using public computers (from Net cafe, cafes, libraries, etc.). They may have keyloggers or spywares, without the knowledge of the staff in that area. Thus, malicious users can easily steal someone's sensitive personal information and make transactions on their behalf.
2. When making transactions from his computer, he should be sure that he has taken all necessary security measures recently updated (firewall, antivirus-spyware κ.λ.π.).
3. When comparing products from different websites, you may find the same products cheaper on some of them than on other websites. It is therefore advisable to check whether these sites are ghosts (a simple search on google με την επωνυμία της επωνυμία της ιστοσελίδας με τα πολύ φθηνά προϊόντα αρκεί).
4. Always do his transactions by typing the website address himself. Do not click on the address of the website. links από e-mails, καθώς μπορεί να είναι απατηλά.
5. Make payments-transactions through websites that have a security icon (a lock on the top left of the browser). This icon is actually of interest where we enter e.g. the card number and other personal data and click send.
6. Verify that where he or she enters sensitive information, he or she does not simply type http, αλλά https.
7. Before making a transaction through the website, you should call the online store to make sure that the business is up and running. If they don't answer, it is likely that the purchased product will not be sent to him either, even if he has paid for it.
8. Always keep receipts from purchases somewhere on the computer or print them out.
9. Be particularly careful when dealing with money transfer companies and international payment companies (Western Union, Money Gram, BidPay e.t.c).
10. Ensure that their passwords, card numbers (debit and credit) and other sensitive personal information are adequately stored so that they cannot be stolen or memorized.
11. Ensure that codes are changed at regular intervals and that they consist of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
What should one be careful about when shopping?
1. Not to pay in advance to a seller he/she does not know, even if the seller reveals his/her personal details or bank account number.
2. Seek information-requests about how the online store handles any customer complaints.
3. Ask for the original receipt or written proof of purchase.
4. Be especially careful when his offer seems too good to be true and the other party is constantly pressuring him to complete the sale.
5. Be careful when asked to pay large sums of money to people he or she does not know: a meeting should be held in a shop or public place.
6. Be careful when buying branded products to ensure that they are authentic.
How can you protect your mobile phone transactions?
1. Keep your mobile phone's protection software up to date and all devices connected to it protected from malicious attacks and viruses.
2. Use a strong code in order to lock your mobile phone device.
3. Carefully study the applications you wish to install before you do so.
4. Give your mobile phone number only to people you trust and do not give your number to others without their permission.
5. Activate the geolocation service of your mobile phone in case you lose it.
6. Be especially careful with the networks Wi-Fi Hotspot to which your mobile phone is connected.
7. When you receive messages you do not know the sender of, do not respond.
Block users whose number and password you do not e-mail know with the CALLER ID.
9. Require anyone who tries to take a photo or video of you to get your permission first.